Dragon shape games
- How can I start a shape-game?
To start a shape-game
there are basically two ways:
Create a new shape-game from an existing (running or finished) game OR from an existing shape either as invitation or as new-game for the waiting-room.
If you want to start a game with a shape, that is not available in the shapes list
, you first have to create a new shape
There are implicit game-settings
involved, that cannot be changed:
- a shape-game is always unrated
- Once a shape has been opened as invitation or on the new-game page, the shape can not be altered. Also a invitation-dispute can not change this.
- the board size is fix and comes along with the used shape
- if additional handicap stones are allowed, only free placement of handicap stones is supported, because the standard placement could clash with other present stones.
- if the shapes flags enforce the White player to move first, a Black PASS-move is added in the game (except if additional handicap is included)
To create a new shape-game from an existing game
, open the game-info page for it, then:
- Use the bottom-link "Rematch" to start a shape-game as invitation (not possible for multi-player-games though).
- Use the bottom-link "Copy as new game" to start a shape-game for the waiting-room.
To create a new shape-game from an existing shape
, view one of the existing shapes
- Use the bottom-link "Invite" to start a shape-game as invitation.
- Use the bottom-link "New Shape-Game" to start a shape-game for the waiting-room. From the simple view you can switch to the other new-game expert, multi-player or fair-komi views.