- How can I invite a specific player to my multi-player-game?
Inviting a player to your multi-player-game
involves several steps from yourself and the invited user:
- Go to the "game-players"-page and select "Invite". This is different from a regular game invitation because of some special needs for MP-games.
- Specify the user-id of the user you want to invite.
- The user is checked and potential errors are listed, e.g. the user must have a valid rating to participate.
- If the user is valid, a reservation is added and you will be forwarded to the "send-message"-page to inform the user about the invitation.
- A template-text is shown together with a preview. You may edit the text (or translate it) as you like, but be sure that the main information about the invitation with the original references stay included.
- Sending it will forward the message to the invited user as normal private message.
- When the invited user receives your message and is following the link in the message, thereby entering the "game-players"-page, the user will see a reserved slot for his/her invitation. The user will be automatically asked to join the MP-game. Then the invited user can:
- a) accept the invitation, or
- b) reject the invitation
Additionally the user might want to reply to your invitation-message with additional information or questions before or after acceptance or rejection of the invitation.
The game-master will be informed about the users decision with a notification message.
- When the user does not respond, or as long as the invited user has not accepted or rejected the invitation, the game-master can:
- c) send a reminder:
To send a reminder, from the "game-players"-page click on the "Invite"-image in the Actions-column for the specific reserved-slot of the invited user.
Re-enter/edit some text and send the message.
- d) delete the reserved invitation:
To delete the reservation, click on the "Trashcan"-image in the Actions-column for the invited user. You will be asked for confirmation of the deletion.