Bulletins are global announcements of a certain category
shown to all users or only to a selected group of people configured by a target type
When there are new bulletins for you, the number of unread bulletins is shown in red color
in the main menu, for example "Bulletins (3)
Unread bulletins are shown on the top of the status page
(or on the quick status
) and must be marked as read
to go away. Some bulletins also have an expire date
on which they disappear automatically if not marked as read before that time.
All bulletins are archived and can be viewed on the Bulletins page
. In that list you can also see how many users viewed and read the bulletin, which is a useful information for some kind of announcements.
Each bulletin has a category
- Maintenance: Announcement of site admins about a planned server maintenance, for which the server must be taken down. For example for software update or for bugfixes.
- Admin Announcement: Announcement of site admins about general topics regarding the site without a server outage.
- Tournament News: News about a specific DGS tournament using Dragons tournament feature (not enabled yet as of Dec-2012).
- Tournament Announcement: Announcement about some form of tournament.
- Feature Info: Used to spread information about specific features, e.g. after Dragon server upgrades, or to give hints and tips how to avoid often seen user mistakes.
- Private Announcement: Announcements from users to other users. Only specific use cases are allowed or must be allowed by an admin. One main use case is to talk with the other players of a multi-player-game.
- Advertisement: Advertisements from users to other users. Must be granted by an admin.
The last four categories are more informal and can be unsubscribed from, if you are not interested in such announcements. To subscribe or unsubscribe them see "Show Bulletin Categories
" in your user profile
. You are unsubscribed from the category Advertisement
per default as this must be an opt-in category regarding the server policy
Each bulletin also has a target type
specifying the receiving users:
- All users: bulletin is shown to all users.
- User list: bulletin is only shown to a specific list of users.
- MP-game: bulletin is only shown to the players of a multi-player-game. A link to the game-players page of the game is included in the bulletin.
- Tournament directors: bulletin is only shown to tournament directors of a specific tournament given by the tournament-ID. A link to the tournament is included in the bulletin.
- Tournament participants: bulletin is only shown to tournament participants of a specific tournament given by the tournament-ID. A link to the tournament is included in the bulletin.