Dragon alternative interfaces
- Request limitations of alternative interfaces
Before you use one of the alternative interfaces, please ensure, that you read the FAQ entry: How should the resources provided by DGS be used responsibly?
We were forced to establish some limitations, because the alternative interfaces were used too often, in particular the RSS channel. A limitation may be necessary for the others interfaces as well if there are too many requests.
Below you find the "allowed" minimum limitations. However, you should not use those minimums just because it is the minimum. Instead responsibly choose a request interval, that you can live with and does not stress the server too much.
- Does Dragon support RSS?
- Does Dragon support WAP?
Yes, partly. The status page can be retrieved using WAP.
The URL to use is: http://www.dragongoserver.net/wap/status.php
Before you can use that, you have to login yourself by one of the following ways:
Either way, you will have a button to change your identification.
- Does Dragon have a robot interface?
Yes. You are able to use the quick_status.php
(or deprecated quick_play.php
- connect your user (or set the cookies)
- use quick_status.php to retrieve new bulletins, your status-games, your new messages and multi-player-games in setup-mode
- use sgf.php to download games to move in
- use quick_do.php (or the outdated quick_play.php) to do your moves or other actions.
For a detailed specification how to use the new quick-suite quick_do.php
, the quick_status.php
page, the sgf.php
download script and the old quick_play.php
, please read the respective chapters in the Quick-Suite Specifications
Important notes about the different quick-suite scripts:
- quick_do.php: uses HTTP-POST requests and JSON-based output to control a variety of actions with object-handlers for: games, users, messages, folders, contacts, waiting-room, bulletins. This interface will be extended on demand if more functions are required for mobile devices or other external clients.
- quick_status.php: A "not-logged-in" feature had been added. You may obtain the list of games of any user by specifying the players ID ( ?uid=... ) or his nick name ( ?user=... ).
For instance: quick_status.php?user=guest
Be aware that with this "not-logged-in" features, all times are GMT because DGS can't know YOUR timezone. In fact, this assumes that you are logged in as guest.
- quick_play.php: You can only use quick_play to answer a move WITH coordinates by a move WITH coordinates. This excludes all particular steps of the game like placing handicap stones, passing, resigning and scoring. Either use the new quick_do.php quick-suite or use the conventional manual website Dragon interface to resolve these steps.
A full session of "quick" features is, for instance:
- Does Dragon support GTP or GMP?